11-10-2013 08:25 PM
I have never been able to download the full-function printer driver for my HP7520. Every time I have tried (over many months) it gets to exactly10 Mb of downlaod and then displays "Failed - Network Error.
I am using a Dell Vostro 3560 running windows 7 (64-bit)
Other computers such as my wifes Dell Inspiron 1721 running Windows Vista have downloaded drivers without problem. This has been tried over Cable, ADSL2, with multiple routers. Every time, the download fails at the 10Mb point.
I have been able to limp (badly) with the driver on CD that came with the printer but is is very dysfunctional. I cannot make it default printer and applications like Excel do not see the printer at all. This problem has been going on for many months.
11-10-2013 09:03 PM
Additional detail for above problem.
The Downlod status box at the bottom left of the screen (as the driver is downloading) contains the following text:
Failed - Network error.
This error message always occurrs just as the download reached 10 Mb.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)