09-28-2010 12:41 PM
Been working this for a few days and 2 calls with tech support.. Awaiting their next call and thought to try the Forum. Saw many older posts on this task using a lot of CPU but these were 2008 and 2007.
- printer is on the network at address 192.168.15.254
- I can print to it
- I can access the printer's support page with the browser and the above IP address
- I can see the printer and print to it using my HP iPhone application
- I can scan using a desktop shortcut and the HP program (and Paint) from the DIM folder
- I can copy using a desktop shortcut and the HP program from the DIM folder
What DOESN'T WORK:
- HP Solution Center does not launch; gets error saying install is not complete
- Same for Digital Imaging Monitor launch of Solution Center
- Network device install gets a "Task does not exist" error during install. Also got "task not found".
***In some troubleshooting I identified this task--HPSLPSVC--as the one NOT found***
***This seems to be a HP device/network discovery support service***
- The SCAN-to-PC button on the C309g display says "Try startinf scan from computer."
- HP Scanner diagnostic (HPSDU) shows network trouble
- HP Printer Diasgnostic software does not show printer on the network but it is
clearly there as the printer does work
- A USB install HANGS and eventually times-out in the "configuting device" stage. No reason other
than time-out shows. Task Manager shows NO I/O or CPU to the task or service(s) after a short time.
some of What has been done so far since I bought the printer on Thursday:
- tens of software installs/uninstalls with ZoneAlarm and Defender totally off and on
- A Level 3 driver deinstall and reinstall
- Deinstalls of all previous HP software.
- ZoneAlarm settings for opening ports and allowing tasks are in place as documented.
I am running Verison 9+; the install docs reference Version 8 settings.
ZoneAlarm has also been OFF during install with same result.
services.msc does not show this task running
I can find the task HPSLPSVC32.dll in the Digital Imaging bin directory.
There are a few CLSID, firewall rule and name registry entries for HPSLPSVC and HPSLPSVC32
If this task is supposed to be running, there is nothing that appears to start it, like the CUE task for example.
Any help is appreciated. Can this service be started manually or some other way if it is supposed to be there?
This question was solved. View Solution.
09-28-2010 01:02 PM
Found a article in the forum for a similar problem with a C4580 and XP after I posted the problem. Did a regsvr32 of the HPSLPSVC32.dll from the "bin" directory and rebooted as suggested in this posting.
Service now shows.
Suddenly the "install" of my printer restarted automagically and everything finished.
Printer display buttons work.
Solution Center works.
CPU seems normal.
All is well.
Kudos added to other posting.
10-21-2013 06:23 PM
Hello PeggieL. I located the thread where this fix occurred, and everything in detail is explained: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-In
Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns. I'm only here to help!