Question

Student
superink4949
Message 1 of 4 (3,627 Views)

Having trouble installing HP deskjet 3845

Hi, I've recently got HP deskjet 3845 without a CD. I did download the right software driver from HP website. My windows operating system is XP. now, I downloaded and while I am installing it keeps saying, "copy file hpfo2y10.dat from folder" obviously i don't know what this is. Plus I don't have anything like this in my computer. This is why i cannot complete installing it. What is happening here?
Intern
Prasanth_King
Message 2 of 4 (3,617 Views)

Re: Having trouble installing HP deskjet 3845

Hi I am prasanth

May I know exact error message?

However, I am providing some steps that will help us.

Click on start >> RUN.

In Run type %tmp% and press enter.

Delete all files from the Temp Folder.

Then download the file to desktop.

Double click on Download file one it completes download.

Let me know the result. 

With Regards,

Prasanth.......King
Student
Olympic
Message 3 of 4 (2,613 Views)

[ Edited ]
hi I am rajan want to install the 3845 series. i dont have the CD and wants to download and install what shall i do and whom shall i contact to get the cd ?
hoping someone will solve the problem and helps me to install the printer. thanks.rajan 
Message Edited by Olympic on 08-23-2009 08:06 AM
Message Edited by Olympic on 08-23-2009 08:08 AM
Teacher
BrianJoyce
Message 4 of 4 (1,328 Views)

My HP Deskjet 3845 has been working well on my Windows 7 Pc but now it doesn't.   I suspect that the driver is faulty or absent but I haven't been able to replace it..   I have tried going via the Webpage instructions re installation but at Step Four (Manually installing the driver), when I reach item 7 (Click Windows Update) I get a message "Windows was unable to get a list of devices for Windows Update.   Please try again later".    If it has any bearing, I use Mozilla Firefox to access the Internet.    Also, please note that when the printer is switched on, the green light constantly flashes.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation