Question

Student
har2
Message 1 of 2 (4,157 Views)

Help! My computer does not recognize my printer anymore!

Can anyone help me with this?  I have an HP Officejet 5610 All-in-One printer.  Yesterday, I tried to print and kept getting messages that it wasn't able to find the printer.  I unplugged the printer and turned off the computer and the computer was able to find the new hardware but cannot find the drivers needed to install it!  The file that it is looking for is hpop5612.dat and is on the installation disc but the computer cannot find it!  You have no idea how many things I have tried to solve this problem.  I went to the HP site and reinstalled the drivers but the computer cannot find them when I try to install the printer.  In fact, I keep getting the message that the hardware cannot be installed.  Any suggestions?
Student
jackycy
Message 2 of 2 (3,752 Views)

Re: Help! My computer does not recognize my printer anymore!

I sure believed it was a bug of HP driver, I met the same problem today. A tip for you, you can search this file in C:\program file\HP, and it can be found in folder:C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\{49FB31C1-26EC-44c6-AB47-73C66E2BC41E}\met\drivers\com_lang. Btw, my OS is Windows XP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation