Question

Student
bartist
Message 1 of 4 (643 Views)
Accepted Solution

Help! hp photosmart 6520 says ink cartridge door open. Just purchased it today.

Need help with hp photosmart 6520 printer. Just purchased today. Says Ink cartridge access door open. Can't setup.

thanks

Student
violinny617
Message 2 of 4 (605 Views)

Re: Help! hp photosmart 6520 says ink cartridge door open. Just purchased it today.

Same problem here. Any help would be great.

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 3 of 4 (587 Views)

Re: Help! hp photosmart 6520 says ink cartridge door open. Just purchased it today.

Hi violinny617

I understand you are getting a message that the cartridge door is open.

I will be happy to assist you with this.

Make sure the printer is connected directly to wall outlet. (don't use a power hub or a surge protector)

Check for any obstructions inside the unit. Check the hinges on the cover.

You can try to update the firmware, while in a error state though it might not be successful. Click Here. Select your operating system, click next, click the link for firmware.

If these steps don't resolve the issue I would recommend to call HP Tech Support for
further assistance to see what other options are available for you.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
Student
Ldp617
Message 4 of 4 (582 Views)

I ended up exchanging my printer for another of the same printer. The new one works fine. Thank you for the reply though. I did call HP tech support and they weren't able to help me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation