09-19-2011 09:35 AM
I have a C4580 all-in-one printer that has been plugged into a desktop, and working wirelessly with my other laptops without any problems. This past week we got a new router, and a wireless NIC for the desktop. I first tried to set up the printer through one of the laptops, but even when the USB was plugged in, it couldn't find the printer. I then tried to set up the printer through the desktop. With the USB plugged in, it sees it fine. However, when I try to set up the wireless, I get the following message: "Your printer has limited connectivity. Your printer is using IP address 169.254.110.23, which is not compatible with the IP address 192.168.1.112 of the PC. Power off your printer and then power on and wait 60 sec for the printer to acquire an IP address. Then click Retry." I followed the instructions a few times and keep getting the same message. I've put in my password, and am not sure what else to do. I need this printer set up wirelessly for all PCs in the house.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)