09-17-2012 05:51 AM - edited 09-17-2012 05:59 AM
I just purchased and installed an Officejet Pro 8600 Plus 2 days ago.
I am hearing a faint, but high pitched squeal "shhhhhhh" sound coming from the printer - sounds like it's coming from the front panel, near the card slot / USB port. The squeal is constant - as long as the printer is powered up and idle, it squeals. It's not loud, but my sensitive ears pick up on it, in an otherwise quiet room. Even when it sleeps, it makes this sound.
I'm wondering if this is a defect, or if it's normal for this printer? I've heard this type of squeal before, and usually it means than a capacitor or some component may be failing.
Can any other 8600 Plus owner please confirm this - if you put your ear right up to the card slot / USB port, in a very quiet room, are you hearing the squeal / shhhhhh noise?
09-19-2012 02:22 PM
For this issue you will need to call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region please click the link below to get the support number for your region.
Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)