Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Requirements: Windows Computer and Printer that supports Scan to Email, an Email address, and a local email client.

Windows 7 Includes Windows Live Mail and while you can create your own Live account you can also add your own alternative email as the address. To Locate Windows Live Mail you can just do a search from the Start menu as seen below.

Locate Windows Live Mail

To add your Email account go to the Accounts Tab. And click the @+ button. Enter your email address and password and click OK.

Add Email Account

Through the printer icon on the Desktop select Scanner Actions and then Scan a Document or Photo. In the next windows select Document to Email. You may change your options such as DPI and color scans at the right.

Document to E-mail

After it scans you can save it. After you name the file it should open up in an email message and is ready to be sent. Just enter the destination email address as well as the body and subject.

Saving to email

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I hope my above tutorial will be of help to anyone with questions on How to Scan to Email. Windows Live mail is included in Windows 7 and the printer I used was a HP Deskjet 3050A. Microsoft Outlook can also be used instead of Windows Live Mail if available.

If anyone has any questions I would be happy to assist.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I hope my above tutorial will be of help to anyone with questions on How to Scan to Email. Windows Live mail is included in Windows 7 and the printer I used was a HP Deskjet 3050A. Microsoft Outlook can also be used instead of Windows Live Mail if available.

If anyone has any questions I would be happy to assist.

HP Recommended

Great tutorial, it helps me a lot 😄

Thanks 😉

@ferRX / I am a volunteer posting answers on my own time.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am trying to setup the "Scan to Email" function on a ScanJet 5590 model, but the HP software doesn't appear to be detecting my email program.

I have followed the instructions as outlined above, but the Email option does not appear in the "Scan shortcuts" ìn the HP Scanning program. It doesn't matter if I start the program from WIndows Desktop or from the Front Panel button on the scanner. Also, when I choose the Solution Center - Scan Settings - Buttton Settings, E-Mail does not appear as an option. Please see screenshots below.

Windows Live Mail is correctly configured with a Microsoft email account, and is working correctly.

The PC environment is:

WIndows 7 32-bit (Service Pack 1)

Windows Live Mail Version 2009 (Build 14.0.8089.0726)

HP Solution Center 14.0 (downloaded today)

HP Imaging Device Functions 14.5 (downloaded today)

Do you have any suggestions as to where I can look to resolve this?

Scan Shortcuts.png

Scan to EMail Button.png

HP Recommended

I   have windows 8 and hp destjet 2512

How do I set up mail as a assoiates It keeps telling me to

HP Recommended

My C4180 is not showing the scan to email function on Windows 7. It was working with XP.

HP Recommended

I have downloaded the drivers to my laptop for HP officejet 4500 wireless all in one printer... the cd i have for the printer is outdated and wouldnt work. I have windows 8.1 on my laptop. I have downloaded the drivers from HP.com. But Im missing HP's Solution Center or the New Printer Assistant. I cant scan anything to email or norhting. Im looking at scanning some paperwork to email so I dont have to fax. But I cant do that cause my printer doesn't recognize that option. Basically all I can do is print from my laptop and thats it..... Should I just buy the updated CD for windows 8.1? Or is there a way to fix this? Ive had nothing but problems with this printer since I got my laptop...Trying to upgrade all the drivers to windows 8.1 is a pain....Nothing really works.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.