Question

Honor Student
nonnapaula
Message 1 of 6 (907 Views)

How can I get a Printer Claim Code for my HP Smartphone 2540

I have been trying to connect my new HP Deskjet 2540 all-in-One Series Smart Phone & Tablet Printer to my broadband. I cannot find a 'Printer Claim Code'. PLEASE HELP, I'M GOING MAD!  Thanks.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 6 (904 Views)

Re: How can I get a Printer Claim Code for my HP Smartphone 2540

Hi,

Given your printer is an ePrint printer, please use the following methods:

Option one: If you see an ePrint button
On the printer control panel, press the ePrint ( ) button to open the Web Services menu.
  • If Web Services is enabled , touch Print Info . An information sheet prints that has your claim code.
  • If Web Services is not enabled , touch OK to accept the terms of service, and then touch OK to accept the update. An information sheet prints that has your claim code.
Option two: If you see a Setup icon
On the printer control panel, touch Setup ( ), and then touch Web Services Settings .
  • If Web Services is enabled , touch Print Info . An information sheet prints that has your claim code.
  • If Web Services is not enabled , touch Continue , touch Yes to accept the terms of service, touch Yes to accept the update, and then touch Print Info . An information sheet prints that has your claim code.

Source:http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03550536#N95

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Student
danny171
Message 3 of 6 (835 Views)

There is no eprint button on the deskjet 2540!!!!1

Honor Student
nonnapaula
Message 4 of 6 (825 Views)

Thank you Provost for your advice and instructions. Happy New Year!
HP Support Agent
happytohelp01
Message 5 of 6 (818 Views)

Hi danny171,

Thank you for your post.  You are correct for the Deskjet 2540 there is not an ePrint button on the front panel of the printer.  This printer does not have the ePrint feature. 

For reference I have included the link to the product specifications for the printer. I have also included a link about which printers have which mobile printing solutions available.

HP Deskjet 2540 All-in-One printer Series Product Specifications

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03811750

HP Printers and Supported Mobile Printing Solutions

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03722645

Happytohelp01

I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Click the KUDOS Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Honor Student
allanbabs
Message 6 of 6 (263 Views)

Press the wireless direct button and the start colour copy button it will print you a password you can then add the printer to your phone/ tab and it will connect you .it works have just done it. Hope you sort it.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation