Question

Tutor
knarfrh60
Message 1 of 5 (10,460 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do I do a reset on a Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One C155A

I want to get the printer back to the original "in the box" state, as I am having issues with it connecting to the internet and more.  I would like to start from scratch.  I want it to forget anything it knows and clear out the memory, etc.

Thanks

If it matters, I am using Mac OS X 10.8.2

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 5 (10,453 Views)

Re: How do I do a reset on a Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One C155A

Hi,

This is extracted from its manual:

Resetting the printer to its factory default settings will clear all the settings from the printer's memory for your network. This should only be done as a last resort when troubleshooting the printer.
Also, resetting the printer to its factory default settings erases the embedded Web server (EWS) administrator password.
Resetting the printer to its factory default settings may require you to reinstall the printer software. Additionally, you will also have to reconfigure the printer's security settings.
Follow these steps to reset the printer to the factory default settings:
1. Verify that the printer is powered on.
2. Press and hold down the Report Page button.
3. While holding down the Report Page button, press the Cancel button three times.
4. Release the Report Page button.

Hope this helps and Merry Christmas.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Tutor
knarfrh60
Message 3 of 5 (10,449 Views)

Reset a Officejet 6600

That worked great.  Any idea how to correct ePrintCenter?  The reinstall generated a new printer code and I set it up with it.  It works great, but I would like to use the custom email address I already created before.

Thanks

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 5 (10,448 Views)

Re: Reset a Officejet 6600

Hi,

Unfortunately not. I believe due to security reasons, any existing ePrint address cannot be re-assigned for 6 months.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Student
sbmorales
Message 5 of 5 (493 Views)

Re: How do I do a reset on a Officejet 6600 e-All-in-One C155A

I have a Hp officejet 6600..i bought it used..and when i turn it on..it says please insert ink cartridges that came in box...so i went and bought new ones and it still says the same..it doesnt let me do anything else
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation