Question

Student
NewWindows8User
Message 1 of 2 (123 Views)

How do I get an icon for my HP Officejet Pro 8600 scanner in Windows 8?

Before Windows 8, it was easier to get to the Scanning option.

Now it takes multiple steps, whether through the Tiles or through the traditional Windows Desktop screen. I have to think that there's a better way.

Would appreciate any recommendations.

Thanks,

HP Support Agent
Cheetah12
Message 2 of 2 (99 Views)

Re: How do I get an icon for my HP Officejet Pro 8600 scanner in Windows 8?

[ Edited ]

Hello NewWindows8User,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you no longer have the Officejet 8600 printer icon on your Desktop. I am going to provide some steps to get this back onto your computer:

1) Press Windows Key and C together on your keyboard

2) Click on the search bar and type in Devices and Printers

3) Drag the Officejet 8600 printer icon onto your Desktop

4) On your Desktop, double click on this icon and it should go into the Printer Assistant

If this step doesn't work, then you will have to uinstall this HP software. I will provide a HP document on performing this step here.

Next, I would like you to perform a clean boot on your computer by following this Microsoft document here. Now, you can install the full feature software using the Printer Install Wizard to find the appropriate software.

Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Have a great night! :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation