04-18-2012 11:28 AM
I have a deskjet 712C printer. How do I install it on Windows 7? I have connected it to my computer and I get the message the drivers are installed, however, I can't get it to print.
04-18-2012 11:42 AM
Please make sure to update the driver as following:
Enter Control Panel > Devices and Printers
Click the Add Printer button.
Select to manually install a printer.
Keep the default port (LPT1) and click Next.
Once the printer list appear, click the Windows Update button and allow several minutes till the list appear again (it may take some time)
Once the update been done, terminate the window by closing it and try printing.
If the same issue persists, try following "How can I make sure I always have the latest Windows 7 in-OS driver" below:
Please let me know of any change,
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution
04-18-2012 01:01 PM
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation