How do I install my HP Deskjet 3050 J610 printer with Windows 8 Release Preview ? (21222 Views)
Honor Student
mcproof
Message 1 of 15 (21,222 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do I install my HP Deskjet 3050 J610 printer with Windows 8 Release Preview ?

[ Edited ]

I have Windows 8 Release Preview on two computer in my house and it seems as if the native installation disc is incompatible with Windows 8. Are there any procedures I could endure to repair this incompatibility, or do I not have any option but to wait until HP releases drivers for Windows 8? I have tried the compatibility mode in windows 7 and windows xp, but nothing, the install not working. 

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 15 (21,194 Views)

Re: How do I install my HP Deskjet 3050 J610 printer with Windows 8 Release Preview ?

Hi mcproof,

Check out the following thread at the link below.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Windows-8-Release-Preview/How-to-Get-Your-Inkjet-Printer-Working-with-W...

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Honor Student
mcproof
Message 3 of 15 (21,176 Views)

Re: How do I install my HP Deskjet 3050 J610 printer with Windows 8 Release Preview ?

OK , that work, but the wizard wont instal any driver,  the real panel of the printer, and is hard to scan, and other options are not - available. 

Thanks in advance, but expect to be able to use all the necessary drivers like in windows 7.

I know this because I am a customer of HP brand.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 4 of 15 (21,166 Views)

Hi mcproof,

If you install the printer over USB you might be able to scan using the Windows NOS driver. I hope that has answered your questions about the issue with scanning in WIn 8 Consumer Preview beta.

I am an HP employee.

Honor Student
Crimsony
Message 5 of 15 (20,577 Views)

Scanning only then works with the USB cable attached and via Fax and Scan application. The very useful HP Scanner application (to PDF) is not installed and will not install separately. 

I hope HP releases a HP3050 J610 Windows 8 version very soon.

Unless I am missing something :/

Provost
pcwizard
Message 6 of 15 (20,523 Views)

Hi Crimsony,

Drivers for the printers are due to be released when Win 8 is released. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

Honor Student
Crimsony
Message 7 of 15 (20,504 Views)

Work around SOLUTION.... HP Deskjet 3050 J610 printer with Windows 8 Release Preview ?

[ Edited ]

Hi Pcwizard

It is quite difficult to evaluate Windows 8 when I can't use the functionality of my printer :/

An intention to release Win8 drivers post release is useful to know, but is less than a commitment and too late to evaluate Windows 8 Preview. I won't purchase Windows 8 until drivers are released and I will probably stop using the preview soon because I regularly need to scan to PDF for my document management.

I am surprised that a company the size of HP has not been working with Microsoft to deliver full functionality of a widespread (and very useful one in Win 7) product prior to Windows 8 final release. 

In short, this doesn't help me use my printer with Windows 8 Preview. Even a release of the Windows 7 driver software without the OS check would be an interim step forward. I will look into installing the Windows 8 drivers with OS compatibility settings.**

Cheers

** Update... Compatibility settings (Win7,Xp,Vista) do not get past the packaged driver software OS check BUT DO WORK if the complete package is extracted first to a folder (use WINZIP and drag the packaged .EXE int it and extract) and the SETUP.EXE in the root has the Program Compatibility Settings set to Windows 7 (right click on .exe.) and I ran it as administrator (again right click, Run as Administrator).

After installation two icons appear on the Win8 Desktop one of which selects the Network driver version, the other the Scanning software - I haven't tested the scanning functionality fully but it does seem to work :smileyhappy:

Provost
pcwizard
Message 8 of 15 (20,492 Views)

Re: Work around SOLUTION.... HP Deskjet 3050 J610 printer with Windows 8 Release Preview ?

Hi Crimsony,

Thank you for the feedback. Have a wonderful day.

I am an HP employee.

Student
discgolfrights
Message 9 of 15 (20,030 Views)

okay I just tried this solution, I after a few tries got it to

Print test page

but after that it will not go to next part of setup?

any clue?

D

Provost
pcwizard
Message 10 of 15 (20,018 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi discgolfrights,

What you will need to do until Win 8 drivers are released is use the In - OS driver provided by Win 8. Plug in the USB cable from the printer to the computer, and Win 8 will search for the proper driver for this printer.

For additional information refer to the link below.

Supported Printers for Windows 8

I am an HP employee.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation