06-27-2011 12:44 PM
I'm running Windows XP SP3 under an administrator account. I'm trying to install the new HP Update software (hpusetup.exe, I believe), I continually get the same error--# 1316, "A network error occurred while trying to read in the file C:\Windows\Installer\HPUpdate.msi." What does this mean? (I don't even have a network--just one computer.) How do I get around it?
06-27-2011 07:38 PM
Additional info: I searched for "error 1316" on Metacrawler, and got directed eventually to a Microsoft help article that suggested a variety of steps, like applying a fotfix to update my installer,, restarting from a clean boot, and reregistering mu installer; nothing helped--I'm still getting the same error. How do I work around it?
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)