Question

Tutor
megan95448
Message 1 of 3 (83 Views)

How do I know if I have the latest driver?

I tried to pose this question to the HP chat people, but apparently my product code and serial number aren't elite enough to be recognized by them, all I want to do is find out if I have the latest driver for my printer, and if not, then where exactly I can download the latest driver?  I have an HP Photosmart C3180, operating in Windows 7.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 3 (80 Views)

Re: How do I know if I have the latest driver?

The latest driver version for the C3180 is version 13.1.0, dated October 20, 2009.  You can download the driver from HP here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Tutor
megan95448
Message 3 of 3 (64 Views)

Re: How do I know if I have the latest driver?

Ok, so apparently I do have the latest driver (as it was installed last year, around the date of my first log-in), but its not printing correctly.  I needed to create a document in MS Word, where the paper size would have been 3x5, like an index card, and no margins.....  and it kept cutting off text, and what text it DID print wasn't 3x5...   I hope it shows up okay, I have provided a scanned copy of my attempted printing.... Don't know whether this was printed from MS Word or OpenOffice, but the results were the same when I tried it with both programs...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation