Question

Top Student
Albigor
Message 1 of 2 (159 Views)

How do I print envelop from alternate tray of HP8600?

I bouight the premier HP 8600 to allow the loading of envelops in the alternate tray so I don't have to remove paper from default tray. However, I cannot find a way to specify the tray for printing except to lock it in for all printing. Is there a way to have the printer select the alternate tray based on the paper size?

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 2 of 2 (138 Views)

Re: How do I print envelop from alternate tray of HP8600?

Hi Albigor,

I understand you would like to have your HP OfficeJet 8600 Premium set up so that you can use one of the paper trays for regular prints and designate one specifically for printing envelopes. Yes, you do have this option, I want you to take a look here: Setting Up the Printer to Print and Copy from Tray 1 and Tray 2- This will walk you through setting up the paper trays to meet your needs.

Helpful Tip: If you do a lot of printing and copying on specialty paper, you can set up the printer to print on plain paper from Tray 2 and specialty paper from Tray 1. Tray 2 prints only on plain Letter, Legal, or A4 paper. If you choose this option, you might want to make Tray 2 your default input tray.

I hope this helps! If you need more help or have any questions let me know. :smileyhappy:

Thank you,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation