Question

Honor Student
jfisher
Message 1 of 10 (25,619 Views)

How do I scan and save as a pdf?

I have an hp G72 notebook and an hp Officejet 6310 All-in-One.  I can print, copy, and scan and save as a jpg.  I want to save documents in pdf format. The drop down does not give me an option to choose pdf.

Intern Intern
Intern
Sia
Message 2 of 10 (25,600 Views)

Re: How do I scan and save as a pdf?

In order to scan to pdf, the Adobe Reader software needs to be installed on the computer. Please try the steps mentioned in the link below to enable "scan to pdf" for your printer.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01898721&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=1119598&tmp...

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

Although I am an HP Employee, ALL of my posts express MY opinion, and not of HP, whatsoever.
Honor Student
jfisher
Message 3 of 10 (25,580 Views)

I uninstalled Adobe 10.0.1 and reinstalled it.  I double clicked on my 6300 Device, then "Scan a document or photo." My only choices are bmp, jpg, png, tif.  Nothing has changed.  My HP Solutions is set up to do pdf from a different printer, and it works.

Honor Student
nmalhi
Message 4 of 10 (25,576 Views)

Hello,

In the Solution Center do you see "Scan Document" and "Scan Picture" as separate buttons or just one button "Scan a document or photo". If you see the two separate buttons then make sure you click on Scan Document button to see the scan to PDF option.

Thanks,

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Honor Student
jfisher
Message 5 of 10 (25,566 Views)

I do hit Scan Document when using HP Solutions and my 8500 printer to get a pdf file.  However, the 6310 printer is not a choice in HP Solutions, so I use the path I described earlier to get to the 6310.  That path does not allow me to save a pdf file.

Student
unity260
Message 6 of 10 (14,971 Views)

I have been going crazy not being able to scan into a PDF file for months.  Until I read your post I finally am able to scan to PDF.  "Solution Center" was the icon I should have looked for. Duh! I kept on going into HP Photosmart which only allowed me to scan to JPG, BMP, PNG, or TIF TIFF.

Thank you

Student
MVCA
Message 7 of 10 (14,821 Views)

HOW CAN I TAKE SCAN AS A PDF FILE PLZ SUGGEST ME SOON........................

Honor Student
Kholi
Message 8 of 10 (14,237 Views)

How do I scan from an HP Officejet 6500 to PDF on my computer, instead of it saving as a Picture on jpg.

HP Support Agent
Lil_Lisa27
Message 9 of 10 (14,100 Views)

Hi Kholi,

I understand that you are wanting to know how to scan a PDF to your computer. I would like to assist with this, but I do need a bit of information first.

What version of windows are you currently running?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/which-operating-system

What is the model number of the printer?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=bud09626

Thank you.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
Kholi
Message 10 of 10 (13,914 Views)

Thank I bought Driver Whiz online. It seems to have solved the problem.

Regards,

Kholeka

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation