How do I uninstall the HP 6500 completely (3645 Views)
Top Student
tpgarden
Message 1 of 5 (3,645 Views)

How do I uninstall the HP 6500 completely

I have a HP 6500 E709n wireless printer that I have tried to install on my computer running Vista X64 OS and I have been unsuccessful. I have more problems trying to get it installed than I could possibly mention. What I want to do is completely uninstall everything relating to the HP 6500 printer and then try to install it one more time before I return it to the store. How do I find all files associated with the HP 6500 and do a complete uninstall, without any files being left behind on my computer?

What I am trying to do is to share the HP 6500 with two computers. I have it installed on my Computer running Windows XP but I can’t get it to install properly on my Vista X64 system.

Distinguished Professor
DevRao
Message 2 of 5 (3,643 Views)

Re: How do I uninstall the HP 6500 completely

Hi,

Do you have the installation disc with you or are you using downloaded software.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Top Student
tpgarden
Message 3 of 5 (3,634 Views)

Yes I do have the installation cd

Distinguished Professor
DevRao
Message 4 of 5 (3,628 Views)

Hi

Open the contents of the disc

1. Double-click the Util folder.
  2. Double-click the ccc folder.
  3. Double-click the Uninstall_L3.bat (or Uninstall_L3_64.bat for Windows Vista 64-bit).
  4. Click OK to start the level-three uninstall, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

This will completely remove all the files related to the printer

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Provost
ShlomiL
Message 5 of 5 (3,618 Views)

Follow those steps to complete a full uninstall:

1) unplug the usb cable first.

2) Insert the installation disc, and browse into the folder.

Run uninstall_l3 and uninstall_l4 files under Util\CCC inside the installation cd.

3) when it's done, reboot your pc and than go into Control panel -> Programs and features and remove any HP software left on the list.

4) Go to printers, and remove any HP printer left there.

5) romove it from the print server too by right clicking on the background of the printers screen, and selecting "Print server properties"

in Drivers tab, remove any HP driver. make sure to select to remove the driver from the system completely.

If the Delete button is grayed out, than enter the menu by right click as described, and select "Run as Administrator" from the context menu. if you are still unable to remove it, restart your computer and than it wil be deleted.

6) now browse into C driver -> Program files and remove any HP and Hewllet-Packard folders.

Same under C:\Program Files\Common Files.

and the same folders you will see under Program Files (x86)

7) Browse into the temporary folders: Start -> Run -> Type %temp% and Press ok.

If you cannot see the "Run" option under "Start" just type it in the search box.

clear the entire contecnt of the folder

Do the same by Typing "temp" under Run erase all the data on this folder too.

Now make sure to download the latest web release and install it:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL31304/mp-77752-2/OJ6500vE709_Full_14.exe

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation