10-24-2010 11:54 AM
I am installing a HP Photosmart Premium printer on a Windows 7 HP laptop. The install has been going for over an hour and it's still stuck on "install software." How long does this take? Is it frozen and should I retry from the beginning?
10-24-2010 02:28 PM
Well, I stopped the install and tried the newest drivers for my model from the HP site. However, I still cannot get the printer to print wirelessly. And I have wasted 3 hours of a Sunday on this. Some P.O.S. printer is getting returned to the store ASAP. I will never buy an HP product again after reading these forums and all the problems people have had. A printer should take 20 minutes to set up MAX.
Note to HP: You lost a CPU sale this month from this printer wasting my time. Stop making crap products.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation