06-22-2012 12:24 PM
My HP Officejet functions fine as a printer and copier and outgoing fax, but I cannot scan a document and then e-mail it, for instance. I have only the phone line connected, but not an ethernet. I am unsure if I should plug the ethernet cable direct from the printer to the Netgear router in order to get the information to pass from the printer to the computer, and if so, how do I find the appropriate address for it?
06-25-2012 05:32 PM - edited 06-25-2012 05:34 PM
BonnieECyr, hope you are doing well and sorry to learn that you are having this issue;
Go to the control panel printer and devices click on the HP printer and you should see under scan Actions Activate scan to computer. You should see something like this.
Let me know the outcome I will do my best to help you if you need futher assistance.
Hope this helps!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)