Question

Honor Student
ev2ec05
Message 1 of 7 (6,403 Views)

How to Install HP Officejet 6210 All-in-One Printer in Windows Vista Home Premium

I am having trouble installing the software for the HP Officejet 6210 All-in-One Printer on my PC, which has the Windows Vista Home Premium operating

system (32-bit).  I get the following error message:

"System Requirements Results: This computer has been checked for the requirement to install this product."

"This system does not meet one or more of the minimum requirements needed to install this product.  The installation cannot continue."

"Details and Guidance: This software cannot be installed using the 'Run as...' command.  The installation cannot continue until this is resolved."

The HP Officejet 6200 series printers are currently supported in the Windows Vista operating system so I'm not sure what the issue is.  Can anyone help

so that I can start using my printer again?  Thanks.

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 7 (6,369 Views)

Re: How to Install HP Officejet 6210 All-in-One Printer in Windows Vista Home Premium

Download THIS and install it.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
ev2ec05
Message 3 of 7 (6,334 Views)

Re: How to Install HP Officejet 6210 All-in-One Printer in Windows Vista Home Premium

Thanks, that did the trick!
Honor Student
HPquestions6210
Message 4 of 7 (4,813 Views)

I encountered the same problem but when I tried to install the driver it said it could not install at this time.  I waited rebooted and have tried again several times and still no luck.  Any suggestions?

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 5 of 7 (4,806 Views)

Could you post the entire error message here? Simply saying "could not install at this time" doesn't help much. Also, which OS are you using?
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Student
barb2vty
Message 6 of 7 (2,249 Views)

Hi DexterM,

I know this is an old thread, but I am having the same problems with my HP Officejet 6210xi All-in-One install CD. I have a new computer with Windows 7 os. I have been trying to use the install CD that came with my printer a few years ago. I keep getting error messages and am unable to use the printer.

The error message I am getting is as follows while using the Install CD wizard:

"system req. Results. System does not meet one or more of the min. req. to install. Details: Install cannot be installed using the "Run as..." command. Install cannot continue until this is resolved. Required action: Log on as user with admin. Privileges..."

I am the user admin. and logged in as so. The install CD that I am using (came with the printer) has printed on it, "HP PSC 2350 series. HP Officejet 6200 series. Windows 98, Me, 2000, XP. CD version 4.7.0". My new computer has the Windows 7 operating system in it. I believe it is the 64 bit.

Hope you can help me. Thank you, Barb

Tutor
Thing_1
Message 7 of 7 (2,241 Views)

Hello Barb,

It sounds like the installer is blocking because it thinks you are not running with administrator privileges.

To help troubleshoot the problem, please try the following:

1. If you are currently logged in to your system, please log out

2. Log back into your system using an account with administrator privileges

3. Insert the CD that came with your product to launch the installer

If the problem still occurs, please grab a screenshot of the screen which appears and attach it here.

P.S. To capture a screenshot of the screen, you can do the following: click on the title bar of the screen, press CTRL-ALT-PRT SCR, open MS Paint, type CTRL-V to paste the image, save to a file.

I work for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation