Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Trying to change the wireless settings, but keeps on asking for a password that I can't remember.

Printer is working fine if hard wired to the network.  ePrint is working just fine.

Just updated to the latest firmware available.

I just need to change the wireless settings as I recently changed the network's wireless pass phrase.

Also, menu access is disabled from the printer's panel.

So only way I can think of is to reset the printer, and start the setup from the top.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You should perform a Parament Storage Init in order to fuly remove the configured password, any other reset will not clear this kind of configuration.

In order to perform such a reset you should contact HP Support.

You may get the details to contact HP by selecting your region and following Technical support after you buy below:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please try this:

Restoring the factory-set defaults returns most of the settings to the factory defaults. It will not reset the page count or tray size, but it might reset the language. To restore the product to the factory-default settings, follow these steps.
  1. On  the product control panel, press the Setup button.
  2. Use the arrows buttons to select the Service menu, and then press the OK button.
  3. Use the arrows buttons to select the Restore Defaults item, and then press the OK button.
    The product automatically restarts.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

After Step #2, it says "Menu Access is disabled".

That's the problem, I can't do  anything.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You should perform a Parament Storage Init in order to fuly remove the configured password, any other reset will not clear this kind of configuration.

In order to perform such a reset you should contact HP Support.

You may get the details to contact HP by selecting your region and following Technical support after you buy below:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

Regards,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Can't see any reason why the solution can't be posted, aside from the "Kudos" that you guys ask for.

I guess you guys need that very badly.

Anyway, kudos given and thanks.  :TongueOut:

HP Recommended
THANKS!~! and Kudos given x 2
I was setting up the password. But while I change it, I delete one letter and want to change with other letter. Once it is set...... I use the update password but it goes wrong....

For example, the old password is 12345678........ and I just delete the letter 8 (Which the display is like ********) ....I believe it may because of the * was encrypted.....Anyways, please help
HP Recommended

Please help and thank!

HP Recommended

Where is the solution?????

HP Recommended

You will have to contact HP for the steps on how to perform this reset. It is against HP policy to post the steps in the forums. You could potentially damage your printer if you do not follow the steps exactly as provided.  You can contact them at 1-800-474-6836 if you are inside of the United States. 

Best of luck,

Kyle

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

Had to work it out - hold down the right arrow and job cancel button (red x) as you power it on.  You will see the display change to tell you it is resetting to default.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.