Question

Student
vikrant306
Message 1 of 2 (493 Views)

How to install HP4625 with USB connection under Windows 8?

I am unable to install HP4625 all-in-one printer with USB connection under Windows 8. There is NO Wireless (WiFi) connection. In the past it was working, due to some problem printer set up was deleted. Now I can not install HP4625 printer under Windows 8 with Exclusive USB connection.

Please Help me out?

Vikrant

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 2 (487 Views)

Re: How to install HP4625 with USB connection under Windows 8?

Hi,

First, the link to the main Software and Drivers page for your Printer and Windows 8.

HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4625 e-All-in-One Printer Drivers & Downloads

Next, the actual Full Feature Software you want for your Printer:

HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 4625 Full Feature Software DJ4620_1315

The main reason I gave you the main page is so that you can look at the rest of what is avalable on that Software Page.  Note that there is a Firmware Update available -- I did look at it and the purpose for the update may not directly affect you since you are not using wireless.  Is there anything else in the Update?  Unknown.  Sometimes the documentation does not list all the advantages and code changes that are actually IN the update.  You can decide whether you want to apply the firmware update to your printer.

The second reason I gave you the main page is that in Category Utility - Diagnostic Tools, you will find three packages that you might consider for download and installation.  These are good tools to have and use.  The last program actually helps you to select and install the correct software for your printer.

This is the page where you will check for Updates to your printer's software should there be such later.  Sometimes the software package itself stays essentially the same, but there are minor updates that make the software run better, or add features.

You can find your ePrint software here!

If you click to the "Main Product Page" for your Printer, you can puruse all sorts of good information about your printer.  Manuals, how-to information, Troubleshooting, and tips for maintenance and care.

==================================================================================

Take a look at this Help Guide for Tips on Installing the Software with a USB connection:

Printer Install Issues with Windows 8

• Click Open the first Section titled "Troubleshooting Installation Issues with Full Feature Software Drivers"
  • Then Click Open the Section on "USB"

Good Luck!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

See a Post that is useful - or that teaches you something you did not know?

Your HP Experts are here to help.

Click the Kudos Star!  It is a great “Thank You” for the Author.

Solved?  Click this Post "Accept as Solution" to help others find a Fix.

Year of the Dragon 2012   Year of the Snake 2013

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation