How to print out a new alignment page (C4580)? (15950 Views)
Honor Student
Pludderfisken
Message 1 of 5 (15,950 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to print out a new alignment page (C4580)?

Hi Forum,

just installed a new ink cartridge in my mother-in-law's HP C4580. The "alignment page" that was subsequenty printed for scanning was messed up in paper jam, and now I can't figure out how to make a new one.

It doesn't work to just remove the cartridge and inserting it again. The manual simply states "if the test doesn't succed, try again", but nothing on how if the alignment page is messed up. On the net I can only find instructions on how to print a printer test page (by holding down the power button and pressing OK).

Anybody got a clue to how to redo the alignment? Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 5 (15,924 Views)

Re: How to print out a new alignment page (C4580)?

HI,

Pludderfisken wrote:

Hi Forum,

just installed a new ink cartridge in my mother-in-law's HP C4580. The "alignment page" that was subsequenty printed for scanning was messed up in paper jam, and now I can't figure out how to make a new one.

It doesn't work to just remove the cartridge and inserting it again. The manual simply states "if the test doesn't succed, try again", but nothing on how if the alignment page is messed up. On the net I can only find instructions on how to print a printer test page (by holding down the power button and pressing OK).

Anybody got a clue to how to redo the alignment? Thanks in advance :smileyhappy:

Sure. Here is an HP document that explains how to do that.

Best regards,
erico

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
Pludderfisken
Message 3 of 5 (15,904 Views)

Thank you very much - I didn't know I could not do it directly from the printer control panel. Problem solved using a pc.

Student
PCD2
Message 4 of 5 (5,695 Views)

how to print out a new alignment page

HP Support Agent
happytohelp01
Message 5 of 5 (5,659 Views)

Hi PCD2,

Erico posted the link to the document you need in his response above, but I'll gladly post it again for you.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01369878&tmp_task=useCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=u...

Happytohelp01

Happytohelp01

I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Click the KUDOS Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation