Question

Honor Student
thisthingisjunk
Message 1 of 7 (3,342 Views)

How to run self-test page with C4680?

A help page says to try printing a self-test page to see if the printer is working correctly. But it doesn't say HOW to print this stupid page. It says to refer to documentation that came with the printer. Well, the documentation doesn't have that info, unless I missed it. That's possible, since I am very stressed and frustrated from fighting this stinking printer all day just to get it to print two stinking pages.

Why is it this difficult? How the heck do I print a stupid self-test page? I'm seriously thisclose to throwing the printer in the garbage.

Honor Student
colbyssac
Message 2 of 7 (3,278 Views)

Re: How to run self-test page with C4680?

[ Edited ]

HOW TO RUN A TEST PAGE FOR HP PRINTER MODEL C4280 ALL IN ONE??????????

PLEASE EMAIL TO  <text removed for privacy>  asap.

SUPER THANKS

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 3 of 7 (3,274 Views)

To print a self test on teh C4280, press the Cancel and the Start Copy Color button(green button) at the same time and release them.

----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Student
jannybee
Message 4 of 7 (2,824 Views)

But the C4680, does give you this combination. It's a touch screen and you can either start copying or when it starts you can cancel it, but both buttons are not illuminated (and operative) at the same time, I'm trying to do a test page for over an hour today so I know this. I can't even get a copy out of it cos it thinks it doesn't have paper.

Student
mfranchi29
Message 5 of 7 (2,367 Views)

On a mac:

1. Open up HP Utility (it should have been installed with the software or if you got the driver from hp's website).  If you can't find it, search for it in the finder and it will pop up.

2. click the icon that says "test" (it looks like a little piece of paper)

the end.

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 6 of 7 (2,364 Views)

Touch the lower-left corner of the control panel 4 times until Support Menu displays on the control panel, and then touch OK . NOTE: The OK button becomes visible when you access the Support Menu

1 - Lower-left corner of the control panel

Touch the Menu button ( ) next to Support in the upper-right corner of the control panel until Reports Menu displays, and then touch OK .
Touch the Menu button ( ) in the upper-right corner of the control panel until Printer Status Report displays, and then touch OK .
The product prints the self-test report.

----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Student
Printman58
Message 7 of 7 (2,324 Views)

Thanks Dexter,

I tried the same thing last night and the directions given on screen will not work just as experienced by others here.  My quesiton is why is there no instruction in the user manual for this and why does the sofware direct user to accomplish something that can not be accomplihsed?  In my opinion HP documentation prepration is crap and the user manual is useless!!!!!  Also does anyone know what the lever on the bottom of the 4680 is for cause that is not in the maual either.???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation