Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hey,

I have two questions, both related to the Automatic Document Feeder.

1. How can I use it?

It seems a plain question, but somehow I haven't been able to find it in the manual.

I want to scan a big pack of papers, and want to have it all in one document file.

2. Can the ADF be used for input duplex printing/scanning?

This question has been raised by several people on this forum, but no official answer thus far.

I know how to scan/print two-sided, but haven't found out if and how it can be done with the ADF.

Thank you for your response in advance.

Best regards,

Falco

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

This should help to create a multi-page PDF file for use in Adobe Acrobat Writer or a similar program by using the HP software, and the printer ADF.

Place the documents to be scanned in the ADF and open the HP software.

Click Scan document . The Scan document window will open.

Select Text and Graphic(s) as Image , Text as Image , Editable Text , or Editable Text with Graphic(s) .

In the Destination box near the bottom of the window, click Save to file .

Click Scan . If the Preview window opens, wait until all the pages have finished scanning, and then click Accept . If the preview window does not open, a Save As window will open after all the pages have finished scanning.

Use the Save In drop-down menu to select a location to the document in. Type the desired document name in the File Name box and then click PDF in the File Type drop-down.

Click Save . The file is now saved in a multi-page PDF format.

This ADF is not a duplexing feeder, one side only. You must manually duplex the documents.

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
HP Recommended

im still a little confused on using the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) on the HP Photosmart 7510 because i dont know what to do where it says this;

Select Text and Graphic(s) as Image , Text as Image , Editable Text , or Editable Text with Graphic(s) .

In the Destination box near the bottom of the window, click Save to file  because mine doesnt show the scan button and i dont know whhere the scan button is. I don't know what to do with that:smileyfrustrated: 

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I understand you're looking for some information on how to scan using the automatic document feeder on your Photosmart 7510. I'd be happy to help you with this.

To give you the right instructions on how to scan, I just need to know which operating system you're running on your computer. If you have Windows, please click here to find out which version. If you're running Mac, simply click your Apple icon in the top left hand corner of your screen, then click About This Mac and it will tell you on the next screen.

Once I have this piece of information I can get you the right instructions for scanning.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to thank me for responding! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I talked to HP Support about how to use the ADF.  Three easy steps (1) put document print side up in the ADF..a bell will ring to acknowlege the document.   (2) select Copy on the front panel  (3) Select Black and the document will print!

HP Recommended

"Windows, please click here...Mac, simply click your Apple icon...."

and the Linux "hp-scan" application?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.