Question

Honor Student
kits
Message 1 of 4 (672 Views)

Hp 1510 printer not being detected by my windows Visa

I recently bought an Hp 1510 printer and after installing the software i tried connecting the printer with my laptop with windows vista(home version) as the operating software. However the printer does not even get detected after connecting it via the USB drive. The USB drive works fine when i use other external devices but cant seem to detect my printer. Please help...

HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 2 of 4 (631 Views)

Re: Hp 1510 printer not being detected by my windows Visa

Hi kits and welcome to the HP Forum,

I understand that you are having a problem with the computer recognizing the printer. I will try my best to help you resolve this. To better guide you, could you please tell me your model number, follow the steps in this document for How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? How are you connecting the printer wireless or with a USB cable? Are you getting any error messages?

Let me know, I will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" by the Reply to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
kits
Message 3 of 4 (620 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have been able to make some changes by reinstalling the software. As of now the Printer is being detected by my laptop(Windows vista OS), I can scan and can also print diagnostic information through the HP desktop 1510 series toolbox however i still cannot print word documents. Infact I can't seem to do any printing process. Whenever I try to take a print out a word document file the following error messages occur.

"Windows cannot print due to a problem in the current printer setup.

This error can appear if a default printer has not been designated or if the application is unable to locate an existing default printer. To correct this problem, try one of the following in Microsoft Windows:

If a printer is not available in the Print dialog box, add a printer.
If the application cannot find an existing printer that is already installed, set the printer as the default printer.
If a default printer is installed but the application is unable to use it, uninstall the printer driver, and then install the latest version of the printer driver.
If the printer is on a print server, make sure the printer is available, the network is functioning, the server is not stalled, the printer is not out of paper, or the printer is not suspended by the administrator. Printing issues associated with a network printer are best handled by your local network administrator".

It also shows an error that printer is not installed.

I'm perplexed by this issue. I have ensured that the printer is the default printer, I also updated the latest driver software, I can also scan which shows that the Operating system can clearly detect the printer, I can also print diagnostic info from the printer toolbox. The only think I can't do, it seems is Print. Please help me out. All the relevant info about the printer is given below. Thank you.

Model name: Deskjet 1510 All-in-One Printer series
Flimware Version: CGP1FN1307AR
Serial Number: {Personal Information Removed}
IK number: 509-20140126-0
Software version: 032.001.145.46951
Printer Driver Version: 11.21.00.1607
Installation IO: USB

HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 4 of 4 (607 Views)

Hi kits,

I can understand your frustration. In your devices and printers are you showing more than one Deskjet 1015 printer. Can you print from another program. Try printing from 'Notepad' found in the Accesories folder.

Please download and run the HP Print and Scan Doctor. Keep track of any error messages or any fixes that it makes.

Keep me posted.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" by the Reply to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation