09-04-2011 07:00 AM
I have purchased a hp 4500 wireless printer and need to connect it to a desktop and laptop computer in my dorm room. I don't want to make it wireless because anyone could print to it. What is needed?
09-21-2011 11:35 PM
You can do the simplest way by installing and connecting the printer perhaps in your desktop, have the printer shared. In the printer properties, go to security and put you laptop as the sole network user with access to the printer. You do have to install the software and driver both on the laptop and your desktop.
Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)