Question

Tutor
luis_pr
Message 1 of 12 (304 Views)

Hp Officejet Pro 8600: Set up problem with printer control panel instructions

Finally powered the unit for the first time and it was asking me to set up language. I tried to slide the bar up/down to select English and my big fingers clicked on some Asian Language. Now I am stucket there. Cannot undo or understand a thing. Jeez, please do not ask what is it asking me now as I do not have a clue; various chinese or japanese symbols. Is there a way to restart this process? Got no help with the 8600 Start Sheet that came with the printer.

Master's Graduate
aneeshnair
Message 2 of 12 (296 Views)

Re: Hp Officejet Pro 8600: Set up problem with printer control panel instructions

Hi

Follow the instructions given below  and it should help you in resolving the langauge issue.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02922166&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4323659&tmp...

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR

Regards

Aneesh

I Represent HP
You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If  my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance!...

Tutor
luis_pr
Message 3 of 12 (281 Views)

Re: Hp Officejet Pro 8600: Set up problem with printer control panel instructions

I think those instructions would work if the control panel was in the proper screen but there is no right arrow to click, no Setup Button either.

Remember that I said I had tried to fix things so, the printer has been doing who-knows-what when I pressed buttons. At first, I thought the chineese buttons might be for the words "back" and "continue". After tinkering for a while and not going back to the language screen, I stopped pressing buttons on the control panel.

The last thing I remember that happened was the printer showed a short "movie" of the duplexer, showing the duplexer moving into the back of the printer. That is when I stopped.

By the way, I put the duplexer into the printer before I ever turned it "on" for the first time.

Tutor
luis_pr
Message 4 of 12 (266 Views)

Today, I unplugged the printer for almost 24 hours to see if it would reset but it did not. Any other ideas on how to force it to reset and redo the language and all set up functions?

Master's Graduate
aneeshnair
Message 5 of 12 (256 Views)

Hi

Sorry for the delayed response. I would like you to perform the steps to reset to factory settings and it will surely resolve the issue.

Performing a reset
Follow these steps to perform a reset of the product.
Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.
With the product turned on , disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
Wait at least 15 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button ( ) to turn it on.

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR.

Regards
Aneesh

I Represent HP
You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If  my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance!...

Tutor
luis_pr
Message 6 of 12 (250 Views)

Aneesh, I am confused. You already told me to do those things when you supplied a link (see your post up above). That did not reset the language.

I also tried something similar: I repeated those steps but waited almost 24 hours to reconnect the power wire to the wall socket in order to turn the printer back 'on'. The printer console remained in Chinese.

Master's Graduate
aneeshnair
Message 7 of 12 (239 Views)

Hi

Firstly Sorry  for the delayed response  in the first link i gave the steps to reset through the Control panel, and in my second post i gave you steps for factory restting the printer... So please do perform the steps and it would resolve the issue.

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR

Regards

Aneesh

I Represent HP

Tutor
luis_pr
Message 8 of 12 (236 Views)

Question. I already tried those in istructions (and a variation in which I left the printed unplugged for almost 24 hours). Neither had worked then. The language remained set in Chinese or Japanese. Are you asking me to do this yet one time?

Master's Graduate
aneeshnair
Message 9 of 12 (234 Views)

Hi

Yes please go ahead and do it once again....

Regards

Aneesh

Tutor
luis_pr
Message 10 of 12 (230 Views)

The console language remains unchanged after doing this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation