Question

Honor Student
CptOrange
Message 1 of 7 (168 Views)
Accepted Solution

Hp psc 5520 does not connect to computer via wireless

Hello
Recently I have not been able to print or scan anything using my laptop. 

Both the laptop and the printer are connected via wireless to my home network but when i try to setup the printer with a wi.fi connection, the laptop cannot find the printer. I have tried to do it both with the hp software and the windows options.

If i connect the printer to the laptop via usb everything works fine.

The printer has only 2 months and I'm starting to get a little frustrated, i'm totally lost here.

Please help me out 

if you need any more information just ask. 

HP Support Agent
Cheetah12
Message 2 of 7 (153 Views)

Re: Hp psc 5520 does not connect to computer via wireless

Hello CptOrange,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're receiving a message stating "Unable to find printer". I will do my best to assist you! I am going to provide two documents to help you get this printer working wireless:

Since you indicated that this printer works with a USB connection, then please follow this HP document on Convert from a USB connected printer to wireless.

If this document doesn't resolve your issue, then please follow this HP document on 'Unable to Find Printer' Error Message Displays on the Computer During Wireless Network Installation...

Please post your results, as I will be looking forward to hearing from you. Have a great day! :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
CptOrange
Message 3 of 7 (137 Views)

Hello.

Thank you for your reply.

The solution in the first document you suggested didn't work.

I'm looking trough the second document now and I'm stuck at step 5 - "Check the communication between the printer and the computer"

It says i need to type the printer's ip adress in the browser but when i do nothing happens, it says page not found. I assume my computer is not able to communicate with the printer. What may be causing this?

HP Support Agent
Cheetah12
Message 4 of 7 (122 Views)

Thank you for this information.

Did you perform a power cycle on your router, computer and printer? Is the IP Address still all zero's? Please let me know! :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

Cheetah12
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
mcdon
Message 5 of 7 (118 Views)

I seem to be having trouble  with printer not connecting to computer. . How do I overcome this 

Thankyou, John

Honor Student
CptOrange
Message 6 of 7 (107 Views)

My printer's ip adress is 192.168.1.71
When I type it into the browser no page appears. That's why I'm stuck at step five

I already did a power cycle but I will try one again.

Honor Student
CptOrange
Message 7 of 7 (92 Views)

Hi again, today I did yet another power cycle on my router and this time was the charm :smileyhappy:

The printer is now connected to my laptop and working normally

Thank you 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation