Question

Student
ZachAtteberry
Message 1 of 38 (14,002 Views)

Hp solution center, not working but printer is working help?

[ Edited ]

[printer type - HP Photosmart c4240 all-in-one  printer,scanner and copier]

I just re-installed my printer  with the Cd, after uninstalling it a while back. Everything installed smooth and the printer works perfectly! prints, copy and scans. But one problem when i try to open hp solution center it has no icon and it says

(No Hp devices have been detected. Hp solution will now close.) 

But the shop for hp supplies, and hp photo smart essential still work.
Any idea what i should do? 

I really need to get it working, so i can check my ink levels.

If you can help in anyway please do!

Thank you Zach

Message Edited by ZachAtteberry on 10-15-2009 06:47 PM
Teacher
MrFixIt
Message 2 of 38 (13,955 Views)

Re: Hp solution center, not working but printer is working help?

ZachAtteberry:

You didn't include your OS type and version. Need to know is it Windows XP, Vista x32, Vista x64 or other?

Also you can investigate the HP support web pages for your c4240 printer. Just follow the links and you may find a solution to your problem.

CAUTION: I may not always be right, but I'll always give advice.
Kudo's gratefully accepted if I was of help to you.
Student
MikeyKJr
Message 3 of 38 (12,712 Views)

Suddenly I am experiencing the same thing as other users:

HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete.

Please plug in the USB cable or re-run the setup program from the installation CD....

I have done a complete uninstall, then made sure I had the latest Flash, then reinstalled HP software.  Still no luck.

Here is the information of my system.

Printer:  HP C5180 All-in-One

Browser:  FireFox 3.6.13

Flash:  10.1.102.64

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version    6.1.7600 Build 7600
System Manufacturer    Gateway
System Model    GT5662
System Type    X86-based PC
Processor    AMD Phenom(tm) 9500 Quad-Core Processor, 2200 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date    Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 12/14/2007
SMBIOS Version    2.4
Hardware Abstraction Layer    Version = "6.1.7600.16385"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    3.00 GB
Total Physical Memory    3.00 GB
Available Physical Memory    1.58 GB
Total Virtual Memory    6.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory    4.31 GB

Student
Mtquilt
Message 4 of 38 (12,667 Views)

I have also experienced a problem with the HP Solution Center software and my Photosmart D110 installation.  I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows XP (service pack 3) installed that was recently cleaned out and reloaded after a virus infestation; therefore, I'm reloading all of my software/drivers, etc. from scratch.  The download and installation of the HP software and drivers seemingly went flawlessly and found my printer via my wireless network setup without any problem.  I can print without a problem.  Although I have IE installed, I'm using Google Chrome.

However, no matter how I try to open the HP Solution Center (via the Start menu or via the shortcut  on the desktop) all I get is a black, blank screen with nothing on it -- the icon appears to open and I get an initial title screen that then disappears and nothing but a black box is on the desktop.  The main reason this is is crucial to me is that I have to use the Solution Center to manage the scanning function of the printer from the PC -- on the D110 I've never been successful in managing scanning from the printer itself.

Thinking that the solution center didn't install properly, I uninstalled and reinstalled the programs.  After rebooting, I got the same result.  In Add/Remove Programs I've  verified that Solution Center is listed (v 14).  I'm at a loss.  I don't know what else to try and at this point, this particular printer is useless for scanning.  Can someone HELP????

Student
par3eagl
Message 5 of 38 (12,486 Views)

Hp solution center, not working but printer is working help?

I have the same problem.  Deleted old Solution Center.  Downloaded latest version from the HP Website. Help Mr. Wizard!!

4gb ram

Lenovo R61 Laptop

95MB Hard drive, only utilizing 45%

Using HP Photosmart C8180 All-in-one

I can print from my printer using Word, Excel, etc.  I can also scan from the printer's LED menu.  When I try and open Solution Center it only gets as far as Order New Supplies etc and then hangs  It will not let me go to the Home screen where the traditional printing, scanning, option are located.  Any suggestions??  I am running AVG Anti-Virus 2011 Free Edition

Top Student
GWWester
Message 6 of 38 (10,866 Views)

Is anyone on this page getting any help with HP Solution Center.  I've got the same problem.

Student
bldaz
Message 7 of 38 (10,850 Views)

Same issue, reinstalled HP c8180 Software from HP site for Win 7 64 bit. I can see the unit on the network it shows diagnostically it is there but Solution center says upon opening it cannot run because your device installtion is nt complete; plug in USB or re run setup from installtionj cd (cant win7) if this does not work or you dont have the cd  your screwed, well not the last word anyway. But I am.

Honor Student
wollack
Message 8 of 38 (10,242 Views)

hp solution center stopped working

Top Student
GWWester
Message 9 of 38 (9,952 Views)

I will assume that you are connected wirelessly.  If not disregard.  Recycle your network devices and see if your printer is still there.  During the install process, you are asked whether to create/add a new printer to the network or use the existing one.  If you select the existing one, HP solution center will not work, because the definition in your router is not the same as what is on your computer.  So uninstall your printer, restart your computer and restart your network devices.  All printer definitions should be gone.  Then reinstall your printer and create/add your printer to your network when prompted.

Honor Student
sher222
Message 10 of 38 (9,866 Views)

When I paid $299.00 several years ago for an HP C7200 All-In-One, was I wrong to expect I would get a better than average printer that I could depend on?

Apparently so.  Although I have no qualms with the printer itself, the HP technology leaves a lot to be desired. I have not been able to get the Solution Center to work for months now. I'm connected wirelessly, and I can print, and can even connect through it's ip address in a browser window. So why won't the Solution Center work?

I have searched the internet again and again, and I only seem to come up with lots of other people asking the same question - but no answers. I have not uninstalled the software, so I cannot understand why it just stopped working.

Each time I attempt to fix the problem, I wind up wasting lots of time and never finding the "solution".

Would I ever recommend buying an HP Printer to anyone?  I'm sorry to say I would not.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation