Question

Honor Student
NIGET
Message 1 of 3 (1,090 Views)

I am trying to install my HP LaserJet 1010 printer and it is plugged in but won't print anything.

LaserJet 1010 printer

Windows XP Service Pack 3

Error - just a pop up box stating "this document failed to print"

HAd the printer working perfectly well for several years on previous computer but have recently changed the computer and thought that the printer hardware would simply be detected by the computer once plugged in.

It won't print a test page and when I try to troubleshoot it doesn't seem to help but the printed is certainly listed in the control panel under LPT1

Sorry to trouble you but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.......

Professor
RobertoR
Message 2 of 3 (1,060 Views)

Re: I am trying to install my HP LaserJet 1010 printer and it is plugged in but won't print anything

Hi NIGET how you are doing well 

Sorry to learn you are havgin this issue; 

I will check any changes in the operating system and also make sure that is not conflict with a security App 

disable all firewall,antivirus and any other that may be using this may help, also bear in mind this is a commercial printer I will strongly suggest  posting in the forum for HP Business Support in addition to here for yet a better chance at finding a prompt solution. 

You may find the commercial Laserjet board here.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-LaserJet/bd-p/bsc-413

Best of luck
RobertoR 

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Honor Student
NIGET
Message 3 of 3 (1,049 Views)

Re: I am trying to install my HP LaserJet 1010 printer and it is plugged in but won't print anything

Hello Roberto and thank you so much for taking the time to offer assistance. I will try to work through your suggestions and see if it resolves the issue and thank you for telling me about the other forum. Kudos star deserved !
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation