I cannot re-install my printer HP 3050, it says no driver is available, please help me out (1093 Views)
Top Student
Jen44
Message 1 of 16 (1,093 Views)

I cannot re-install my printer HP 3050, it says no driver is available, please help me out

I am having problems re-installing my printer..  It is a wireless printer and I have the disc to re-install the printer, however the disc is not loading properly.  I went to the HP site to try downloading from there but it won't let me and keeps telling me that the driver is not available in any of my folders!!!!!   I tried all solutions that the HP site gave me, but absolutely nothing is working and it is driving me insanel :smileymad: 

I desperately need my printer ASAP as it is needed for my home based business. 

Can someone please help me out.  Thank you.:smileyhappy:

Provost
pcwizard
Message 2 of 16 (1,077 Views)

Re: I cannot re-install my printer HP 3050, it says no driver is available, please help me out

Hi Jen44,

Which model of 3050 do you have?

What is the operating system on your computer?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Top Student
Jen44
Message 3 of 16 (1,073 Views)

Re: I cannot re-install my printer HP 3050, it says no driver is available, please help me out

It is an HP All In One Printer J610a, and I am using Windows 7 - 64 bit operating system. 

I already had the printer installed and then I installed PC Tools Internet Security 2010 - which says that it is compatible for Windows 7.  So I don't know if this is just coincidence or not, after this I have went through all the fixes through the HP website.  It installs the printer, but does not install the driver and it just keeps coming up that I do not have any folder which has the driver within it.

Although I feel that I am pc literate, I am confused about this as I don't know where the driver is.  I have the CD and have tried installing it with the CD, but it is not working at all.  When I put the CD in the light at the side is flashing and then it stops.

So tried the CD and all the fixes and nothing seems to be working, which is why I am looking for help.  Apologies for not being too expressive in my last email.  I wasn't sure what to put.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 4 of 16 (1,071 Views)

Hi Jen44,

Try downloading the software and driver from the following link. Let me know if you are able to get the printer installed?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=al-85606-3&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

I am an HP employee.

Top Student
Jen44
Message 5 of 16 (1,068 Views)

Hiya

It did not install onto my laptop, it just said that there was an installation error.  This is what I get all the time when I try to download any of the fixes.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 6 of 16 (1,066 Views)

Hi Jen44,

Are you getting an error when trying to download the software and drivers?

I am an HP employee.

Top Student
Jen44
Message 7 of 16 (1,065 Views)

Hiya

There are no error messages coming up when I am trying to download this from the internet.  I don't know what the problem is and why it won't let me download.  I am beginning to think that the only thing that I can do is buy a new printer, although I haven't had this one that long.  As I have previously said, I have tried every link available to me and it keeps tellijng me the same thing.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 8 of 16 (1,062 Views)

Hi Jen44,

I was able to download the file without a problem. Do you have a high speed internet connection?

I am an HP employee.

Top Student
Jen44
Message 9 of 16 (1,057 Views)

I also have a high speed internet connection and initially when I first got the printer I also had no problem with downloading anything at all.  I was also able to download from the disc with no problem either.  So I don't know what is going on with this.  I don't know why I can't even get the CD to work.  As I said I am extremely frustrated.:smileymad:

Provost
pcwizard
Message 10 of 16 (1,051 Views)

Hi Jen44,

Sounds like you are having some issues with your computer.

What is the make and model of your computer?

How old is the computer?

Have you had your computer looked at?

I am an HP employee.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation