Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks Shane

I just got concern when I saw Kyle messages.

I see that I originally typed HP Desktop 3520 as the subject when it should have been HP Deskjet 3520.  I suspect you realised my mistake.

Alijay

HP Recommended

I figured that was what had happened with the name.  I did some asking around, and this just seems to be a ghost update.  If you have the option to hide the update or to no longer be notified about it, select that option.  Otherwise, you can just ignor it.  Hope this reassures you a bit.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended
Thanks for your help Shane I've learnt to ignore it and hope that it goes away someday as quietly as it came.
Alijay
HP Recommended

I am so glad I found this forum. I'm having the same issue with the same update except my printer is the HP Deskjet 3510 series. I will ignore as well, so glad that there is not a solution out there that I can not find!!

HP Recommended

How due i update my 3520 printer get rid of that error 80070490?

HP Recommended

Hello Kempton,

That is a Microsoft error related to your windows there is no update on the printer to get rid of it. Here is a link with more information on it and steps to take to clear it.

Click the KUDOS star on the left to say “thanks” for helping!
Please mark a reply “Accept as Solution” if it solved your issue so others can find it.
I work on behalf of HP.

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I am having the same issue and have tried everything. PLEASE if anyone comes up with an answer, PLEASE notify me. It is extremely stressful. Everytime I shut down it tries to fo theat update and fails. My e-mail is :[Personal Information Removed]

I would love to solve this issue...

Many Thanks

Kathleen

HP Recommended

I copied and pasted driver/exe.setup  However there is no option for "properties"

Kathleen

HP Recommended

Please let me know...

Kathleen 

[Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

If you are using Windows 10 use the utility from microsoft from the following link to supress the update.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.