05-27-2011 12:24 PM
Sorry for your troubles, let's see if I can help. In this document, see Solution Six, Step 3 to ensure the cartridge is correctly vented. If the vent label appears to be fine, proceed to step 4 to clean the printhead following the standard 'toolbox' method. If you still have a problem, there are more extreme measures described in this post that you may find helpful (see the post shaded green for having solved the issue in that case).
Let me know if this helps or not (and, if so, please click the 'Kudo' icon to the left there). We need to get you back in business!
09-25-2014 02:44 PM
The soaking method worked like a charm! I did the 10 minutes as requested. And viola...I have black printing again! I had tried everything else up to that point. This really worked! Thank you so much!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)