Question

Honor Student
bbrucato
Message 1 of 4 (853 Views)

I just setup my HP Officejet 6600 and need to configure the fax line w/comcast triple play modem.

[ Edited ]

My problem starts with the fact that both the cable and phone are plugged into the cable modem and I can't dedicate a phone line to the fax.  It fails its connectivity test every time, no dial tone no fax.

All other functions are fine.

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 2 of 4 (820 Views)

I just setup my HP Officejet 6600 and need to configure the fax line w/comcast triple play modem.

I will need a little more information to help out. You mentioned a cable modem, does that mean that you are using VoIP (voice over internet protocol)? Faxing over VoIP is not guaranteed and faxing over an analog line is the industry standard.
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
Honor Student
bbrucato
Message 3 of 4 (818 Views)

Re: I just setup my HP Officejet 6600 and need to configure the fax line w/comcast triple play modem

I've found the solution to my issue, I had to configure the phone line from the cable modem to the printer to the answering machine.  In doing so discovered another issue not related to connectivity.  My printer is now strictly b&w, no color.  After chatting with support for an hour, (at one point I believed I was chatting with a bot), he tried to assure me that was not the case, in any event his solutions were ineffective and I'm taking it back tomorrow and exhcanging it for one that (hopefully) works properly.  I had no other issues,scan, copy, wifi, fax all good.   Thanks for the help.

Distinguished Professor
Shirlzz1
Message 4 of 4 (818 Views)

No worries! I like to try and help. Keep the community posted and come back if you need anything else.
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation