Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

my  printer start showing a ! mark when I hit start.

HP Recommended

@jenicesmith wrote:

my  printer start showing a ! mark when I hit start.

Please read this post then provide some details in a new appropriate thread, it does not appear your issue has anything to do with needing an installation CD.

What printer model? What operating system? How is the printer connected - USB, wired LAN, Wireless LAN, bluetooth? Are there any error messages on the printer or computer screen?

Running the diagnostics at http://www.hp.com/go/tools may help resolve the issue.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I have lost my installation CD for my all in one printer 

How do I install now?

HP Recommended

HP Photosmart C5280 All In One.

Windows XP

Connected by USB

HP Recommended

@2Chambers wrote:

HP Photosmart C5280 All In One.

Windows XP

Connected by USB

Finally - enough detail to actually answer a question .  You can download the drivers and other software and updates or order a replacement CD from HP here.  I would recommend the full featured driver here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

i tried downloading the driver installation file. i have both downloaded successfully the full and basic installation file but upon extraction, it displays error message of "Cannot open output file" and aborts extraction. What does this mean? So now, basically my printer works just because of the plug and play driver installation, but when i need to scan/copy, i cannot, because i do not have the full application. where can i get the full working driver installation? my OS is windows XP 32-bit. TIA.

HP Recommended

all in one c4380

HP Recommended

@johnriley37 wrote:

all in one c4380

It would be much easier to give you a link if you would specify the operating system.  Without that information you can click here, then select your operating system, then select the appropriate driver and updates.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Where is the accept as solution button so I can say that my problem is solved??

HP Recommended

@2Chambers wrote:

Where is the accept as solution button so I can say that my problem is solved??

Generally only the person that started the thread has the "accept as solution" button.  Others can click on the Kudos star to indicate a particular post was helpful.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.