Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

how do i get another cd

HP Recommended

You search the HP web site under your model number and go to your support page and download your software and drivers.

HP Recommended

I have going, I found a disc.  Thnks for the help.

HP Recommended

I also have lost my intall CD. I went to the drivers/software page, and for my particular printer it is not available. It said on the drivers page to install the software that came with the printer. Now if I try to look for the driver it just says unable to retrieve a list of drivers for the printer. I have a Photosmart Plus B209-a. Is there anyway to have the driver put online, or obtain a new CD?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

can i buy a cd to install my printer

HP Recommended

let me know how to install my hp desk jet 6122

HP Recommended

My issue as others have is a lost CD whch is a very big problem. After a certain amount of time the CD becomes unavailable from ANY source. Hp apparently disables installation of certain models when they become obsolete. Since there is always a mismatch between a given printer model and the OS's printers list there is always the possibility that a printer becomes a door stop simply because it is uninstallable by any means.

In my case a "D" series printer is NOT installable under XP from the SITE, and trying to install under 2000, ME, or 98 also fails as XP is the only OS present. The printers list does NOT contain the "D" series, but DOES list "OFFICEJET" as a generic name, no model. This DOES allow the "D" to install under XP without the accompaning software, the "MANAGER" similar to the "DIRECTOR" for other models. I use other software with similar abilities so the missing software is no longer a liability.

I hope this helps other users. I wish there were a public list based on makers products, models, followed by the driver/software file name or link to it for ALL combinations of OS and models that would eliminate any incompatability. There is NO technical reason why and older product's driver/software cannot be updated to an OS that is newer than the product. It seems that there is no company that feels this is important enough to do. In my case I ended with the "D"and all the headaches that came with it, only because I could not find a low priced G or K series printers. I bought a "T" series as a backup only because the printer works under XP. Different ink, also minus the "DIRECTOR" software when installed from the list. The website attempt is also a failure. Too many incompatibilities that should not exist!

HP Recommended

I have Office Jet HP 5610v All-in-one printer and have lost the installation disc for Windows, have the mac version, but cannot use it.  How do I find another?

HP Recommended

Lost install cd-s is where HP really fails big time - the fact that they will not make it available so we have to throw out our printers and buy a new one from them is the worst crappy service I have seen in a long time. I will have to buy a printer but no more HP products. This printer I have I can’t even test it to see if it would work with the install cd. If I could try it and it did not work I would get another HP printer but not if they refuse to let up have access to it. This shows a real lack of customer care...

Good bye HP for ever... I will do what I can to get others to not buy you products until your service is better
PISSED off costomer...

HP Recommended
Your solution results in telling me : "this installation is only for windows 7 and later" I have windows Vista - I need installation CD for my C3180 all in one printer running on HP Pavilion a6040n computer. How do I get it or download it?
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.