Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

ΔΕΝ ΕΧΩ ΤΟ CD

ΤΙ ΝΑ ΚΑΝΩ?

I do not have the CD what should I do

HP Recommended
Tried to install my printer to another device and I need a disc driver have lost the original
HP Recommended

I'm sorry.  Does nobody read the 23 pages of thread here which says to simply search the HP web site under your printers model number and download the drivers and install them just like everyone else does?  Please do this.

HP Recommended

As a matter of fact yes I have read the other pages. I have also scoured the Internet looking for an install CD (that my other half for some reason tossed out) that is available in Canada. All to no avail.

Also I have followed your instructions. As best I can. Not having computers available most of my life I do my best!

I requested the full install on line at the HP support area.

I get as far as choose which connection I have and I choose wireless It accepts that and looks like it is going to install then it asks again the same question. I answer once again and again the loop starts. Same question and same answer. So the install is incomplete and I keep getting phantom Print Cancellations when I try to use the printer or it prints part of a page.

I woud very much like to get my HP  Officejet 4500 Wireless All in one printer -  g510n installed on my new HP Pavillion g7 laptop with Win 8.1 (64 bit system)

So if you could assist me great. Please don't suggest I do what I have done above unless you can tell me how to get out of the loop of which connection do you want Ethernet or Wireless.

Is there such a thing as how to request or purchase a CD to install that is available in Canada. The USA site will not accept a postal code so please don't send me there. And I can't see a place on the HP Canada site to buy one OR would it be best for me to go out and purchase another companies printer.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Searching the HP web site to find your support page here.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4062&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3919...

I hope this is your printer.  Just select your OS and download the full featured software and drivers.  This is the exact same thing as the CD but updated.

HP Recommended

This solved my problem

HP Recommended

As I stated in my original post.... I have tried this method repeatedly... and I still get to the part of choosing my connection..

"I get as far as choose which connection I have and I choose wireless It accepts that and looks like it is going to install then it asks again the same question. I answer once again and again the loop starts. Same question and same answer. So the install is incomplete and I keep getting phantom Print Cancellations when I try to use the printer or it prints part of a page."

I keep getting the message from the HP Help Center that the installation is not complete. Even though the printer at times works then on its own will Cancel Print or print incomplete pages

As mentioned above my OS is Win 8.1 on a HP Pavilion g7

HP Recommended

Hi Can you advise mwe on how I can install my printer without the CD as I have lost it... Many thanks ;O)

HP Recommended

Rich please help me connect my hpdesk1000 printer to my laptop

HP Recommended

i have a old hp printer but it still runs good i am trying to use my printer on my lap top i have orignal disk and an other to take care of windows 7

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.