Question

Honor Student
chantel_1
Message 1 of 11 (13,142 Views)

I want to connect my printer to my laptop how do I do that ??????

I have a printer and its is now connected to my other computer I want to make copies from my laptop how can I do that without me using my other desk computer please 

Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 2 of 11 (13,134 Views)

Re: I want to connect my printer to my laptop how do I do that ??????

With no idea at all of what kind of computer you have or what of printer you have... no one knows what you need.

There is hope:  You can do this and help yourself.

• You need to install some software and set up the printer on your computer.

1. First, find and download the software,
  2. then watch one or both video(s) to help you figure out what you need to do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• First, getting the software... Do this part to the point where you have the Software downloaded, then watch the video(s).
  • NOTE:  You do not even have to download the software IF you have the software CD that came with your printer and IF the printer software CD will support your Operating System (for example Windows 7).

================================================================================

Downloading the Printer Software:

In many cases, you can (re)install the Full Feature Software for your printer to enhance its capabilities.  The HP Solution Center is an integrated part of the FFS.

If you have the CD that came with your printer, use that to install your Printer software.  If you do not have the CD, or if the software on the CD is outdated, then you can use the online installation tools.

(Re)install the basic driver or HP Printer Full Feature Software:

Drivers control hardware connected to the computer (wired or wireless).

Software controls the programs that interact with the User.

• Go to the top of the forum page to Support and Drivers
  • Enter your Printer Model information, and then go to Software and Drivers...
  • Enter your Operating System in the Drop-down menu...  Click NEXT and Scroll down
  • Look for category Driver - Product Installation Software
  • Select the appropriate Basic Driver or Full Feature Software, as available
  • Save the *.exe installation package on your computer
  • Look for category Utility – Diagnostic Tools
  • Select “HP Print and Scan Doctor” – Save the package on your computer.
  • NOTE the name and the location of the file(s) when you save the file(s).  The *.exe file(s) will likely save to the "Downloads“folder.
  • Install the Software / Driver installation package(s).  Install Utilities first, if applicable.
  • If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, Select ‘run as Administrator’ and install.

NOTES

• Download and install the driver software before connecting the USB cable.
  • After the initial installation is complete, be sure to check for and install any relevant updates  - check Category  - Update

There is sometimes a lot of information at the printer’s website, including manuals, how-to pages, and alerts for your printer.  Be sure to take an extended look at what’s available.

===========================================================================

Next, video help:

How to install an HP Printer in a Wireless Network Using an Access Point in Windows 7

HowTo: HP Full Feature Printer Driver Install in Windows 7 (USB)

• Watch the videos, install and configure the software.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Extra help for setting up your Wireless Printer:

Reconfiguring your printer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Student
Message 3 of 11 (12,547 Views)

I want to connect my printer to my laptop how do Ido that?

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 4 of 11 (12,468 Views)

@121690. what printer do you have?

Student
Ian-St
Message 5 of 11 (10,864 Views)

I have a Laser Jet 1200 printer connected to a DELL desktop.  I wish to connect the printer to my Dell Inspiron Laptop but the cable coonection does not fit any port on my lap top.

HP Support Agent
happytohelp01
Message 6 of 11 (10,853 Views)

Hi Ian-St,

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial printer. You can do this at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/ .

I hope this helps.

Happytohelp01

I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Click the KUDOS Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Student
gaynorroberts
Message 7 of 11 (8,201 Views)

Help!  I am a complete idiot where this is concerned so any assistance on what connections I need would be greatly appreciated.

Student
Message 8 of 11 (7,002 Views)

MY PRINTER IS HP DESKJET 3747 WANT CONNECT WITH MY LAPTOP ?

Student
Djruthless
Message 9 of 11 (5,921 Views)

I have a new laser jet pro hp printer. How do I hook up my printer to my loptop?
Student
GREENZONE
Message 10 of 11 (3,420 Views)

chantel_1 wrote:

I have a printer and its is now connected to my other computer I want to make copies from my laptop how can I do that without me using my other desk computer please 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation