Question

Student
sarah_jane
Message 1 of 2 (1,090 Views)

Incorrect Operating System Identified & Not Supported Error Message on PSC 7250 All-In-One Install

Okay here's a curly one for you.  I have a brand new Toshiba Qosmio X505-Q887 Laptop running Windows 7 64 bit Home Edition Premium. I cannot get the driver software for my PSC 7250 All-In-One Multifunction Printer to install.

After downloading the latest drivers (PS_AIO_02_Net_Full_Win_WW_130_140.exe) for my PSC 7250 All-In-One Multifunction Printer from the HP Support & Driver page, I ran into a huge problem.  I tried to install the correct and most current drivers for my system without  success. The install failed after I received the following error message:

"The Operating System on this computer is not supported. The installation cannot continue ... "  blah, blah, blah. The error message incorrectly identified the operating system with the message, Current OS: Windows XP 64 bit

Okay, I can deal with that or so I thought. Since the downloaded software install failed because of the incorrect operating system error, I tried using the original driver disc that came with the PSC 7250. This time the software on the install disc correctly identified the operating system as Windows 7 64 bit causing that install to fail as well.

So I went through everything to make sure there were no unexpected conflicts. I looked for tic boxes that incorrectly identified my operating system causing the install to fail. I did a disc cleanup & defrag and a reg clean & defrag hoping that would solve the problem.  No such luck.  I even tried using regedit, to look for an incorrect reg key or a bad reg value but that didn't work either. Nothing I've tried has made even the slightest bit of difference to the software install. 

At this point, I'm stuck. I cannot install the drivers I need using the original install disc since it correctly identifies the Windows 7 64 bit operating system and I cannot install the downloaded driver software since it incorrectly identifies they Windows 7 64 bit operating system as a Windows XP 64 bit operating system.

I'm pretty much out of ideas, I know I must be missing something but I just can't figure out where else to look.  Does anyone here have a suggestion as to how I might be able stop the software install from generating an incorrect operating system error message so I can install the latest drivers and HP Solution Center software for my PSC 7250?

If I cannot find a workable solution soon, it will be bye bye HP and hello to a more reliable and far less problematic multifunction printer from a more accessible company offering much better customer & product  support.  

Student
thrapstongeezer
Message 2 of 2 (888 Views)

Re: Incorrect Operating System Identified & Not Supported Error Message on PSC 7250 All-In-One I

Hi. I have the identical problem with trying to re-install my HP Scanjet G3010 scanner on a brand new Dell Inspiron running Windows 7 64 bit.

Is there anyone out there who can help? Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation