Question

Honor Student
meadows
Message 1 of 4 (178 Views)

Ink cartridge

My printer model is Deskjet 1050 J410a.   The black cartridge got over two weeks ago and I wanted to replace it.  The code written on the spent cartridge is 61.  I checked at several shops here in Malappuram, Kerala over a period of two weeks, but could not find 61.  So I visited SureSupply to find out how and where to buy a new one.  After checking my model, it suggested 802 and gave a list of suppliers in India.  I assumed that Code 61 had now become 802.  Accordingly, I placed the order with an online supplier (SnapDeal).  The cartridge arrived yesterday (19.10.2013}.  To my dismay and utter shock, the printer rejected the cartridge, saying it is incompatible!  So I am now stuck with an unusable cartidge and, consequently, an unusuable printer.  What do I do now?  I request HP India to take back the wrong cartridge and replace it with the right one as early as possible.  The printer is less than two years old and purchased in Muscat, Sultanate of Oman.  The dealer had assured me the ink cartridges are available freely throughout India! 

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 4 (172 Views)

Re: Ink cartridge

You will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
meadows
Message 3 of 4 (145 Views)

Thank you for your reply.  Now kindly tell me how I do this 'regionalisation reset'.  I went to HP Contact, Support, For Home, etc. etc.  I got totally confused.  I also visited SureSupply.  They are the ones who suggested '802' for my printer.  So I am totally lost...  The end result is that I am stuck with a printer that I cannot use.  Thanking you, and waiting for your reply, Ravindra Nath

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 4 (138 Views)

The document here has contact information specific to India.  You will need to call HP for the procedure, it requires some specific information from your printer.

Support for HP products -Questions after you buy.

Support for: Consumer Deskjet; HP Photosmart (All in One); Officejet Pro (Single function); Officejet A3 (OJ 7000 & Pro K8600); Laserjet Mono(P1000, P1500 , P1600,M1100, M1200, M1300, M1500 series); Color Laserjet (CP 1000,CP1200, CP1500,CM 1400, M100, M200 series)

Phone  1800 200 0047/ 0124 3877300

Hours of operation: Monday to Saturday, 9 am to 9 pm (excluding public holidays)

Languages supported: English and Hindi )

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation