04-10-2012 08:39 AM
Hi there, I have just come home with a new HP Photosmart 5515 and have unboxed and plugged it in to the mains. The Printer has asked me to add the ink from the box which I have done so following the on screen instructions but when I close the lid of the printer, nothing happens and the on screen display still says the ink is yet to be installed.
Am I missing anything? I've very computer literate and have unpackaged everything properly and inserted the ink correctly, surely that's it?
Would be great if someone could tel me I've missed something obious otherwise I'm heading back to the shop for another printer! It's less than 2 hours old!
04-11-2012 09:38 AM
I would suggest checking the following article and to make sure that the cartridges are properly vented.
When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)