02-25-2014 01:36 PM
I'm replacing the black ink cartridge on Officejet Pro 8600. I have tried two diffeerent new cartridges. They are good. When I shake them I can hear the ink in them. For both of them, the printer says Ink Cartridges Depleted. I press OK. I try to copy or print. It says Ink Cartridges Depleted. I've turned it off and on. Nothing will get it to use the new cartridge.
02-25-2014 01:44 PM
Are the replacement cartridges HP or refill/reman? If the former they would be covered by warranty, see here for details.
If they are third party refilled cartridges they will not show proper ink levels unless the remanufacturer has properly reset the ink levels. In this case I would suggest getting genuine HP cartridges or contact your supplier for warranty replacements.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
06-23-2014 05:05 PM
I have a similar issue. I get a message ("Depleted cartridges must be replaced to resume printing"). It is on a 6700. The 932 XL cartridge is fairly new, and I think I can hear liquid sloshing when I shake it. I remove and replace it several times, and the message recurs. I replace it with a new HP 932XL. The screen confirms installation of an HP cartridge. The printer whirs, clicks, etc., and then returns the same message.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation