02-27-2013 05:46 AM
Good day everybody,
First off, thank you for taking a look at my problem.
I have a HP Laserjet P2015 and I have been trying for three days now to get it working on windows 8 but without succes.
The printer is more or less not recognized as a printer. In my list of Devices and Printers (Control panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers) it is visable under the category 'Unspecified' but not under the category 'Printers' as it should be.
It shows HP Laserjet P2015 series with an exclamation mark. When I want to install the windows 8 drivers from the HP website: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/S
There is does not find the printer: 'No printers were found'.
When I hit 'The printer that I want isn't listed' and go through that install wizzard it does not work as well.
Are there any ideas/thoughts on my problem? I have a small company and I really need the printer to work to print my invoices.
Best regards and thank you kindly,
02-27-2013 06:35 AM - edited 02-27-2013 06:36 AM
My Windows 8 Pro 64-bit system has built-in drivers for the LJ P2015 printer:
HP LaserJet P2015 PCL6 Class Driver
HP LaserJet P2015 PS Class Driver
Thyey may only have become available after clicking the Windows Update button in the Add Printer dialogue (and waiting perhaps several minutes whilst new/updated drivers are downloaded and the Add Printer list repopulated).
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)