Install Laserjet P2015 on windows 8 (driver problems) (4689 Views)
Student
Sjasper
Message 1 of 2 (4,689 Views)

Install Laserjet P2015 on windows 8 (driver problems)

Good day everybody,

First off, thank you for taking a look at my problem.

I have a HP Laserjet P2015 and I have been trying for three days now to get it working on windows 8 but without succes.

The printer is more or less not recognized as a printer. In my list of Devices and Printers (Control panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers) it is visable under the category 'Unspecified' but not under the category 'Printers' as it should be.

It shows HP Laserjet P2015 series with an exclamation mark. When I want to install the windows 8 drivers from the HP website: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=1845552&... (windows 64-bit) it does run the installer, but when I do I just get the normal windows 'Add Printer' page.

There is does not find the printer: 'No printers were found'. 

When I hit 'The printer that I want isn't listed' and go through that install wizzard it does not work as well.

Are there any ideas/thoughts on my problem? I have a small company and I really need the printer to work to print my invoices.

Best regards and thank you kindly,

Stijn Jasper

the Netherlands

Master's Graduate
dansdaduk
Message 2 of 2 (4,679 Views)

Re: Install Laserjet P2015 on windows 8 (driver problems)

[ Edited ]

My Windows 8 Pro 64-bit system has built-in drivers for the LJ P2015 printer:

HP LaserJet P2015 PCL6 Class Driver

HP LaserJet P2015 PS Class Driver

Thyey may only have become available after clicking the Windows Update button in the Add Printer dialogue (and waiting perhaps several minutes whilst new/updated drivers are downloaded and the Add Printer list repopulated).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation