Question

Student
BobT2010
Message 1 of 2 (531 Views)

Install Problems for Photosmart 6520

I have a new Photosmart 6520.  I have installed the software on My Wiindows 7 computer and my MAC OS X (we can't find the current OS on the computer), and on my iPad 2 (new).  I have the followingn problems:

1.  The MAC will print only after turning the printer off and restarting it.  Then it will only print the first item on the print log and must be turned off and restarted for each job.  The 6520 shows in the window when "print" is selected for a job, but in the HP utility, only the former printer is listed.  In the utility the button for manual addition won't accet an entry and the auto select button runs for many minutes without finding the 6520.

2.When attempting to download the installation at the MAC I get "Unexpected Error" in the downloading instructions when the radio button "No thanks.  I prefer the basic CD installation".  Therefore I am unable to install the info from the HP installation disk.

3. On the iPad when the app is selteced at the apple store it requires an "Activation code" that is to be sent by e-mail. After several attempts no email has been recieved. I have checked and double checked the junk deleted email files.

4. At e-print I have set up a HP account but the screen will not accept the info to sign in--and will not allow me to set up a new account with the same info.

I have reviewed the  Posts on this site and several HP help screens

Associate Professor
stix4
Message 2 of 2 (513 Views)

Install Problems for Photosmart 6520

Hello BobT2010,
Thanks for the post. With this one, since the printer is not associated with the utility, I might recommend uninstalling and re-installing the driver software. I've included a couple of links below that will assist with this. The first is a uninstall document, the second is the install portion. You can verify which MAC OS you are currently running by clicking on the APPLE icon in the upper left corner, from there go to "about this MAC" and the version will appear above "software update". Good Luck!

http://goo.gl/g6aIV

http://goo.gl/gUAtb
I worked for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation