Question

Student
Rickje619
Message 1 of 2 (133 Views)

Installation issues with Officejet Pro L7480 All-in-One

Hello everyone,

We have recently bought the Officejet Pro L7480 All-in-One printer. Installation went smoothly. However, about 2 weeks ago I upgraded my system from Windows Vista to Windows 7 (32 bit). We experienced some scanners issues (printing works fine) so I decided to reinstall the software. First in uninstalled then I tried to install again. However the software on the cd was only for Xp and Vista. No sweat, I downloaded the new setup for Windows 7. Now here comes the problem:

Everytime I try to install the setup works, it boots up and asks me to agree to the terms and conditions. I click ok. Then it proceeds to install and right before it stops and exits it says HP-software will be removed. Then it shuts down and does not do anything anymore. I have tried both setups (light and full) and I have tripple-checked for any HP software. I have deleted everything, went to safe mode and deleted more, cleaned the registry, I've done the works. Is there any way to fix this issue besides a complete wipe and a Windows reinstall?

:smileyhappy:

Student
mmgg
Message 2 of 2 (99 Views)

Re: Installation issues with Officejet Pro L7480 All-in-One

I will not be able to help you, but you may be able to help me.

I installed the software for the Officejet Pro 7480 when Vista was my operating system.  The printer executed well.  I upgraded to Windows 7 and the printer still worked fine.  Somehow, the printer software got corrupted so I tried to reinstall the printer software from the initial disk that came with the printer,  but it does not install.  A message tells me that the software is not supported in Windows 7.

I have not been able to find the printer software that is compatible with Windows 7.  Apparently you have done so.

Could you tell me how I might get access to printer software for the Officejet Pro 7400 Series that is compatible with Windows 7?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can give.

Regards,

MMGG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation