10-29-2009 07:19 AM
I'm having a big problem. My new printer came with the usual CD and a few documentation. When installing the drivers and software, the installer stops at 'Preparing for Installation' or something. It keeps on going for hours on end. Even when I tried installing only a few important programs, I get the same problem. I tried downloading the basic drivers from the site, and it gives errors.
The bigger problem: HP doesn't cover any such problem on the support site and it doesn't support my product on the live chat. Can anyone help me? I am trying to install it on a Compaq V2004AP, running Windows XP. I haven't tried this on Windows Vista, as my other PC is in the Service Center.
10-29-2009 08:03 AM
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. Since this is a duplicate post I'm going to lock this one, please check your other post here for replies:
Installation of HP K209a Deskjet Ink Advantage All-In-One
Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator
Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.
Rules of Participation
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation