Installation software (70 Views)
Top Student
chmoore01
Message 1 of 4 (70 Views)

Installation software

The CD installation is CB053-10010, installs as version number 100.000.065.000.  The file dates on the CD are 11/6/2007 and 7/1/2008.  The one available on the website is 10.0.1, dated 2008/07/28.  I am experiencing problems reinstalling on a machine running XP Home.  (It installs but at the very end says it has a "fatal installaton error" - is seems to work for a while at least)

Is there a significant difference between these two versions?  Will this new software solve the installation problem?

Associate Professor
VJ_R
Message 2 of 4 (60 Views)

Re: Installation software

Hi

Try to go to the following link

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/drivers.html

put the Product/Model number and Choose OS as XP (For XP) and try to download it from the site and install it

Hope this helps.

***** Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Kudos"if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Top Student
chmoore01
Message 3 of 4 (55 Views)

This reply did not answer my question.

Is there a significant difference in the software versions that may resolve the installation problem?

Associate Professor
VJ_R
Message 4 of 4 (45 Views)

Yes that is the reason i gave the link above to download the latest version

Hope this helps.

***** Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Kudos"if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation