09-19-2009 01:41 PM
I just bought an HP Laserjet P1006 and installed it on the laptop (which has Windows Vista). Installation completed and I can print in Word with no problem. But when I try to print from the internet, I get a message that says "Before you can print, you need to select a printer" and it tells me I either need to click on Add Printer or Find Printer. My printer is showing on the General tab, but when I select it (status changes to Ready and it says it's my default printer), I the Print button remains greyed out. If I click on Find Printer nothing happens.
What do I need to do so I can print from the internet?
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)